Who We Help
60 million Americans have disabilities (almost 1 in 5 of us), and approximately 8 million Americans have intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) (about 2.5% of the overall population).
According to the AADMD, the most frequent healthcare challenge for people with I/DD is finding access to oral health care.
At Believe Dental, our mission is to provide access to patients of all ages and all abilities. For loving and courageous parents and caretakers, we make dental care easy and accessible.
As a Dental Home, we provide care across the whole spectrum of neurodiversity. We offer cleanings and exams for neurotypical and high functioning patients; for those who require behavior modification or sedation we offer a variety of treatment options.
In addition to serving individuals with I/DD, we provide comprehensive, compassionate dental care for patients who suffer from dementia, fear, anxiety, PTSD, and other conditions, as well as their family members.
Our “Special Needs” Patients
Our office welcomes everyone, especially those who experience any of the following:
- Chromosomal abnormalities, such as Down Syndrome
- Genetic conditions, such as cystic fibrosis
- Neurological diagnoses, such as autism spectrum disorder
- Complications from past medical history, or side effects from ongoing medical treatment, such as cancer
- Physical disabilities or challenges with mobility
- Post-traumatic stress
- Neurodegeneration, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s
We also welcome the family members and caretakers of all our special patients.